Paying off your loan earlier

View Tag Cloud
    Fresh Eyes
    Hi, I want to apply for a loan and I'm planning on paying it off in a couple of months. I know there is 2 months fee for paying it early but does it mean I need to pay all interest plus 2 months or just 2 months of the interest.
    Thanks
  • 1 Reply

Staff
    Hi @Kat25, thanks for getting touch. You may be charged up to two months’ interest if you choose to settle your Loan early.

Although your repayment amount is fixed for the duration of your loan, the way that we allocate each monthly payment between the loan capital and the interest varies throughout the term. At the start of the loan, a higher proportion of your monthly repayment is allocated to repaying interest. However, as you start to make more repayments, we allocate less of the monthly repayments to repaying interest and more towards reducing the capital until your loan is completely repaid. This is known as the actuarial method. Therefore the early settlement fee of up to two months interest will vary in amount according to the size and duration of your loan at the time you choose to settle. I hope this helps!