Credit Card - Minimum Payment (MISSED) even though I have set up direct debit to pay it monthly

Employee
    Hi , I’m sorry to hear you’ve been charged a fee. Did you set up your Direct Debit at the same time you carried out the balance transfer and had your statement already been produced with your next payment date at that time? The reason I ask is that the Direct Debit needs to be set up before your statement is produced in order to take the next payment. When the statement has already been produced a message is displayed for you to make a manual payment.
    Please send us a private message to @Tesco-Bank with your name, DOB and postcode so we can look into this fee, leaving a space between each character of your DOB and postcode.
    I have just had the same thing happen to me! It even says on my screen the DD payment will be made on 1st Feb 2017 yet on the 3rd Feb Im sat here with a late payment fee, now over my limit and a tarnished credit score! Phone customer services and they continued to say it is my fault, yet there system shows the first payment should have been taken on 1st Feb as showing on my online banking! Not pleased and will be going to the ombudsman if this is not rectified.