Is credit card account closed?

View Tag Cloud
    Fresh Eyes
    Back in January I sent an account closure request form to close my Tesco credit card account as I no longer have any use for it. Initially the request bounced back due to incorrect data, but after the last time of trying there was no bounce back and I assumed it had been accepted. This was backed up by the fact that I could no longer log into my mobile banking app when I tried a few days later.

Recently, whilst doing some checking in my main banking app (not Tesco) I noticed the direct debit mandate for paying my Tesco credit card was still active, so I cancelled it. I was surprised to then receive a letter through the post from yourselves advising that my direct debit had been cancelled and that I should set up an alternative payment method!

This leads me to wonder whether my credit card has actually been cancelled? If not, why not and how on earth am I supposed to cancel it? If it has been cancelled, why are you asking for a new payment method?

Please help, I am very confused and concerned. I cannot phone the helpline as I am hard of hearing.
  • 1 Reply

Staff
    Hey @pah, please click here to send us a private message and we will check this for you.