Why is there such a delay in new credit card security checks?

Fresh Eyes
    I applied for a new Tesco credit card over two weeks ago, I am a Tesco customer so it seemed sensible to take advantage of the rewards it offered. It finally arrived 5 days ago, and I immediately activated it in accordance with the instructions given.

However, I attempted to use it online on two separate occasions, with two different retailers, and it was rejected by both.

I then called Tesco customer services 4 days ago and was advised that as I was new customer, I had been selected for a random security check, and someone would call me back. Having not received a call, I again rang customer services, and was told that I was on the call back list. and hopefully I would receive a call back today or tomorrow, but there was no fixed timescale! I pointed out that it would not be practical for me to wait indefinitely for a call back, and that my patience was not inexhaustible.

I have never had any similar problems with credit card applications, and I wanted to use the card for my Tesco delivery next month. However unless, I can resolve this matter fairly shortly, I will just have to tear up my new Tesco credit and continue to use one of my other credit cards.

Has anyone else had a similar problem?
  • 1 Reply

Your Community Expert
    Hi @Mike21, please send over a private message to @Tesco-Bank and we'll do our best to help.

If you need to ask a question about a Tesco Bank product, you can make a post in Help & Support here

Also, feel free to Introduce Yourself and have fun in Off-topic too!