New credit card blocked

Fresh Eyes
    I activated my new credit card a few days ago I tried to make an online payment today and the amount was declined and I have never made a single payment on it. Also, they removed my credit card from apple pay without a single warning. I was lucky because I had another card with me to pay for the amount but the situation was so awkward because I have not received a warning from Tesco bank that something is wrong. I called them waited 40 minutes on the phone to be able to talk to someone and then I was told that they are investigating me and the credit card is now blocked. This is so ridiculous as I was just accepted for this credit card a week ago and nothing has changed in my circumstances. I asked the agent why am I being investigated for but she didn't now the reason so I basically waited almost an hour on the phone to be told she doesn't know the answer why. She was not able to suggest any solution or to advise me when this problem will be sold. So far I am not impressed with the card/service as firstly she was not able to tell me why my card is blocked and secondly she didn't know when the issue is going to be solved. My question is how is this even possible when I haven't even used this card yet and how come they don't communicate if there is an issue? Their solution is to just block you without explaining the reason why?
  • 3 Replies

Staff
    Hi @pannip, I'm sorry to hear about that. So we can investigate this further, can you please send a private message to @Tesco-Bank using this link?
    Fresh Eyes
    Hi, thank you the issue is sorted now.
    Your Community Expert
    I'm glad you were able to get that all sorted now :) Please ask us a question on the Community if you need any further help @pannip

If you need to ask a question about a Tesco Bank product, you can make a post in Help & Support here

Also, feel free to Introduce Yourself and have fun in Off-topic too!