Why can't I take a screenshot of my credit card

Fresh Eyes
    I've got five transactions from my train company this morning as their system goofed.
    I wanted to send them a screenshot.
    This is disabled due to a security policy.
    This is my personal phone not my work phone.
    Why is the app stopping me from doing a screenshot of immediate transactions but letting me screenshot of the pdf of recent transactions.
    please stop this madness and think of:
    A) your users (did you ask?)
    B) the reality of what you are doing (delaying my complaint)
    C) the inconsistency of what you are doing (the pdf I'll get in 20 days time will allow me to send a screenshot to the train company)
    luckily I have a second phone so am able to photograph my phone but really I shouldn't have to go to such lengths to get around a poorly conceived attempt at security
  • 3 Replies

Your Community Expert
    @Jwalton1 Hey there, thanks for getting in touch. Whilst I appreciate this is frustrating in your situation, screenshots are blocked for security purposes. You can download the statements and transactions via the app straight to your device, or forward them by email, if you need to send them to the company. I will pass your comments on as feedback to the Development team. I hope you get it all sorted.

If you need to ask a question about a Tesco Bank product, you can make a post in Help & Support here

Also, feel free to Introduce Yourself!
    Fresh Eyes
    @Jwalton1,
    hi ChristopherP
    thanks for getting in touch.
    I couldn't find the option to download transactions since last statement, only download of
    pdf of current and previous statements. please could you let me know where on the app this option lives.

Also, I'm still confused as to what this screenshot block gives in terms of security.
    It only stops me screenshotting transactions not yet available in a statement.
    I thought I'd double check how ill thought out it was, so i opened up chrome on my phone, logged into the bank, got my transactions open and did a screenshot.
    it works. On my phone. Using an app on my phone. Just not the tesco one.
    Again, if you could ask the team behind this, to have a think about what this is actually achieving.
    By logging in via a browser on my phone, i can do it. By waiting for the statement to be produced, I can do it.
    By using the easy to use app, I can't do it.

<mini rant on>
    All this has done is add to my concerns over the direction tesco is taking (reduced points earned, reduced redeem value on clubcard against eurotunnel, i now have to have my clubcard if i buy a meal deal). I'm asking myself, why would i want to persist with a company that really doesn't want to make life easy for me.
    I'm seriously considering cashback cards as tesco is becoming increasingly divorced from it's customer base.
    <mini rant off>

Thanks
    Jason
    Last edited by Jwalton1; 11-05-23 at 13:37. Reason: Typo
    Your Community Expert
    @Jwalton1 @Jwalton1 You can download your statements via the mobile app, and your recent transactions via Online Banking (apologies for omitting this in my OP!) by clicking the white arrow on the blue panel that says 'Clubcard Credit Card'. Once you've landed there, scroll down to transactions and you can download the last 90 days worth of transactions. I will pass on your latest comments to the relevant team. Again, apologies for any inconvenience this has caused you.