How do I request a temporary security number?

locked out of on line banking unable to update number , awaiting for code in post
    Former Community Manager
    Hi @Dondi48, If you wish to update your mobile number so we can send this via text, you will need to call us on 0345 300 4278 (24/7).

Alternatively we can send this via post within 5 working days, if you would like us to arrange this please send a private message to

Please note: don't include the @ symbol when putting in the contact details via private message, just Tesco Bank.

In the message explaining your situation, include your name, date of birth, postcode and, if you have it, mobile number.

For details like your DOB, postcode and phone number, we ask for you to format it with additional spaces, i.e. A B 1 2 C D, 2 4 1 0 2 0 1 6 and 0 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 otherwise the information is removed by the system.

Employee
    Sorry to hear that you are locked out of your online banking . Just to clarify, have you already requested a temporary security number (TSN) be sent to you via post? If you have then this will be on its way to you and you should be back online soon :) If you haven't requested a TSN and require one, please send a private message with your full name, DOB, postcode and mobile number to .

Please note: don't include the @ symbol when putting in the contact details via private message, just Tesco-Bank.

For details like your DOB, postcode and phone number, we ask for you to format it with additional spaces, i.e. A B 1 2 C D, 2 4 1 0 2 0 1 6 and 0 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 otherwise the information is removed by the system.
    I am disgusted with this website and have sat here for 30 minutes trying to work out how to obtain a code to log back in. This has been going on for months and being unable to log in and not being notified when my balance transfer was due to end, I have been paying interest for several months. I have always paid off my account balances but due to personal circumstances I let this one slip by. Tesco must do all this deliberatley.
    I also tried to make a formal complaint but this proved impossible too. I will make a formal written complaint about all this and will never use a Tesco Credit card again. Shocking
    Had enough of this, can't send a PM as nothing happens.....the option to send message is there, click on it.... Nothing.

I give up. Shame I can't access the account to cancel the sodding thing!
    Employee
    Hi , thanks for getting in touch. To change your phone number online select 'Manage account' then 'Your details' and from there select ‘Change your email address or phone number. This will then allow you amend your details. Alternatively, you can call our Online Helpdesk team on 0345 300 3511, available 24/7 and they will be able to amend this over the phone.