Android phone app slow to load

View Tag Cloud
    Helper
    As a new user of the app, now that I have a Tesco Credit Card, I have experienced an annoying issue over the past few days. It takes an unreasonable time after using a fingerprint to log in. Ironically, on two occasions I have just completed a feedback comment and it has started. Trying again just now it is still trying to load after quite a while and offering me the choices of Close app, Wait, Send feedback. These options remain even when the app eventually opens

Sadly if this continues I will look elsewhere for a credit card with a better facility. I have checked the app is up to date.
  • 5 Replies

Investigator
    @TRICIA54
    Hi
    It's not the tesco side of things it's down to your phone..
    You need to try a few things if your phone is saying close app or wait for app.

Go to Settings then to apps then to tesco app and storage and clear the cache see if that works

If you still have the problem uninstall it and load it back again see if that helps

Turn your phone off but this time hold the power button in for 30 secs

Make sure your phone is up to date with the latest software

Also app store make sure the apps are all updated as well felted the apps you never use even the ones that were on your phone will be under the UNINSTALLED apps in play store delete them as thease will cause all you phone to keep you data and catch floating in the background.

Make sure you close the apps after using them

Also go to the apps and look for permissions and see what is there as some apps need permissions to work properly IE tesco will need phone permission and location permission and text permission for sending you one time code etc.

IF you still have problems then let me know and I will walk you though clearing the whole catch this won't undo any apps you have installed it's a case of turning the phone off then as you press the power button in you need to keep you finger on it bit also the volume button t the same time this will take you to setting you won't of seen before in this you can clean the whole phones catch this way everything that your phone is doing and the apps working in the background just use a lot of useless rubbish that takes space up and slows the phone down and causes errors

Ps redo your fingerprint on your phone

Hope ot helps

Simon

- - - Updated - - -

@TRICIA54
    Hi
    It's not the tesco side of things it's down to your phone..
    You need to try a few things if your phone is saying close app or wait for app.

Go to Settings then to apps then to tesco app and storage and clear the cache see if that works

If you still have the problem uninstall it and load it back again see if that helps

Turn your phone off but this time hold the power button in for 30 secs

Make sure your phone is up to date with the latest software

Also app store make sure the apps are all updated as well felted the apps you never use even the ones that were on your phone will be under the UNINSTALLED apps in play store delete them as thease will cause all you phone to keep you data and catch floating in the background.

Make sure you close the apps after using them

Also go to the apps and look for permissions and see what is there as some apps need permissions to work properly IE tesco will need phone permission and location permission and text permission for sending you one time code etc.

IF you still have problems then let me know and I will walk you though clearing the whole catch this won't undo any apps you have installed it's a case of turning the phone off then as you press the power button in you need to keep you finger on it bit also the volume button t the same time this will take you to setting you won't of seen before in this you can clean the whole phones catch this way everything that your phone is doing and the apps working in the background just use a lot of useless rubbish that takes space up and slows the phone down and causes errors

Ps redo your fingerprint on your phone

Hope ot helps

Simon
    Helper
    As a new user of the app, now that I have a Tesco Credit Card, I have experienced an annoying issue over the past few days. It takes an unreasonable time after using a fingerprint to log in. Ironically, on two occasions I have just completed a feedback comment and it has started. Trying again just now it is still trying to load after quite a while and offering me the choices of Close app, Wait, Send feedback. These options remain even when the app eventually opens

Sadly if this continues I will look elsewhere for a credit card with a better facility. I have checked the app is up to date.

Thank you for the prompt response. Although you blame the phone I have not experienced this before. However, following your recommended steps it was only after removing the app and then installing the app again that the problem was resolved. Pleased to say that 24 hours later it worked well.
    Your Community Expert
    @TRICIA54 Hey, I'm glad to hear you got this sorted!

And some great advice posted above by @ITUnurse if anyone else is having issues accessing the app! Thanks 😊

If you need to ask a question about a Tesco Bank product, you can make a post in Help & Support here

Also, feel free to Introduce Yourself!
    Investigator
    @TRICIA54

Hi glad you have this sorted now

Sometimes we have to do this with some apps for permissions and the data to be cleared ti's **** from scratch

Simon

- - - Updated - - -
    @AmyM

My pleasure to assist