Not offering authorisation

Fresh Eyes
    Hi, I am prevented from using my Tesco credit card for online payments at the moment, everytime the retailer asks me to authorise payment, I go to the app and it just opens wtih face ID, without offering my the opportunity to authorise? Where in the app is this to find please?
  • 3 Replies

Your Community Expert
    @Bomoemzo Hey there, thanks for getting in touch!

When you pay for something on a website or app, occasionally you'll be asked to authorise your payment in our App. You'll have 10 minutes to do this before the payment times out.

If you have push notifications turned on, we'll send a message to your mobile device asking that you authorise the payment. Tap on the notification to be taken straight to the in-app authorisation page.

If you don't have push notifications switched on you can just tap on our App from your phone's home screen.

To confirm your payment, check you're happy with the amount of your purchase and that the card you're using is right.

If you want to go ahead, just select Authorise. Or if you need to, you can cancel or report a suspicious payment from here too.

You'll confirm your identity using your preferred log in method. Now select Done and go back to the retailer's website or app.

To finish off the payment, return to the retailer's website or app, select the I've authorised the payment button. The retailer will let you know you've successfully made your order.

I hope this helps ๐Ÿ˜Š

If you need to ask a question about a Tesco Bank product, you can make a post in Help & Support here

Also, feel free to Introduce Yourself!
    Fresh Eyes
    @ChristopherP Thanks, normally all the above works and clear on how to do it normally, at the moment, the notification suggests I open the app, which I do and the authorise option does not appear. Are you from Tesco support or just a helpful punter!? Is there a number I can phone about my specific issue?
    Your Community Expert
    @Bomoemzo I'm a Tesco Bank employee ๐Ÿ˜Š

If you call the Credit Card team on 0345 300 4278 (Mon - Fri: 8am to 9pm, Sat - Sun: 8am - 6pm) they'll be able to help.

I hope you get it all sorted.