Balance transfer not accepted

Fresh Eyes
    I've just registered for a new Tesco balance transfer card. When asked for card details of my existing balance, the page reported an error, and said that card was not supported.

The existing balance is on a Post Office Mastercard. Does Tesco Bank not accept balance transfers from this card?

If not, why is a list of card issuers that are not supported highlighted on the application page before a credit check is performed? Alternatively, the validity to transfer a balance should be confirmed prior to the credit check being carried out.

If I can't complete the balance transfer, I now have a Tesco credit card that can not be used for the purpose in which I applied for it. So I will need to carry out another hard credit check with another provider which is obviously not fair to me.

Can anyone confirm the situation please.
  • 1 Reply

Your Community Expert
    @PILARTIS Hey there, thanks for getting in touch!

We do accept transfers to Post Office Mastercard, however they need to be made manually over the phone.

You can reach the Credit Card team on 0345 300 4278 (Mon - Fri: 8am to 9pm, Sat - Sun: 8am - 6pm) and they'll be happy to help.

To speak to one of my colleagues, please choose option 2 and enter your security details, then press 0. If you don't have any details to hand, just press 0 and you will then be passed through.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

If you need to ask a question about a Tesco Bank product, you can make a post in Help & Support here

Also, feel free to Introduce Yourself!