Payments to Amazon Declined

View Tag Cloud
    Fresh Eyes
    I have had my payments to Amazon declined on a number of occasions. I have used my debit card instead, but now I am trying to get TescoBank to sort it out. I cannot find any way to get any response to this problem.
    Many Thanks
    Last edited by GrumpyGraham; 15-12-23 at 22:27. Reason: correction
  • 2 Replies

Employee
    Hey @GrumpyGraham, thanks for getting in touch 🙂 I'm sorry to hear your payments are declining on Amazon. So we can check this for you, please send a private message to @Tesco-Bank using this link.
    Fresh Eyes
    Same here

Done 2 orders on the 20th December in the UK and France, no problem. Then on the 22nd order for late present declined and I have not been able to use my Tesco Credit Card on Amazon since.

Interesting thing is that Tesco blames Amazon and Amazon simply says use another method. In other words I should cut up my Tesco card because I use it predominantly for Amazon purchases.

I did delete that card from the account and re-entered it. This led to a automated call from anti fraud which ironically requested I give out security information there and then. I just hung up and called from a different line. No wonder scammers use this method.

Well it seems my card was blocked at the renewal of putting it on the system because "Amazon is not following 3D security" That doesn't help me does it?

Thing is I have been a customer of both Tesco Bank and Amazon for 20 years, and this has to say the least, left me extremely peeved because it's just not on and customers should not suffer the stupidity of corporates acting like they are a couple of little statues from Brussels in a contest while the customer gets showered in the fallout.

As a result, I have not used Amazon since the 22nd nor my Tesco card since the 26th and calculate that's around £500 I would have spent on Amazon and an additional £100 elsewhere. Instead I have opted to use another card and until this is sorted out, the Tesco card get relegated to emergency use only