Minimum Payment?

View Tag Cloud
    Fresh Eyes
    Recently I called Tesco Bank to change my monthly payment date. I actually wanted to move it to coincide with my new salary payment date … this was only a couple of days different than the original monthly date.

However, this could not be offered and no explanation why was given … I was offered a date some two weeks different! I had reluctantly accept this.

Since this change my minimum payment has increased by nearly £100 by my calculation? Please tell me why?
  • 2 Replies

Your Community Expert
    @AndyS64 Hey there, I'm sorry to hear this. Your repayment date is dictated by the date your statements are produced so there is only a limited window in which we can take the payment, this will be why we could only offer certain dates, I'm afraid.

You will need to call the Credit Card team so they can look into the issue with the minimum payment. You can reach them on 0345 300 4278 (Mon - Fri: 8am to 9pm, Sat - Sun: 8am - 6pm) and they'll be happy to help.

To speak to one of my colleagues, please choose option 2 and enter your security details, then press 0. If you don't have any details to hand, just press 0 and you will then be passed through.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

If you need to ask a question about a Tesco Bank product, you can make a post in Help & Support here

Also, feel free to Introduce Yourself!
    Fresh Eyes
    @ChristopherP thanks for responding, albeit not offering any sort of explanation as to why there is not more flexibility in monthly payment dates. When changing the date your representative did not explain or indeed mention that my minimum monthly payment would increase is such a dramatic fashion.

Also one of my previous questions about the high interest being charged was equally fobbed off with a 'we can't do anything, sorry' answer.

Poor customer service in light of the current cost of living crisis ... especially from a company who allegedly prides itself on delivering value to customers ... when it really is delivering vast profits to shareholders and management.