Re: What is acceptable proof of no claims discount?

Its the 2nd December.On 25th November, I took out a new car insurance policy due to start on 26th December.On the telephone,I only included 1 year NCD, as was unsure about company car insurance being valid NCD.After reading tesco t&cs, that company car insurance was valid, I telephoned Tesco bank to amend my NCB.I was advised to send my NCD in. I explained that the previous year (2016) NCD would be explained on my previous insurer "Admiral" renewal letter. I also explained that separate to this, my NCD from my company car for the 2010 to 2015 period would be explained on a company letter. Tesco described the letter format, and I agreed it was suitable. All info submitted to [email protected], as required.Today, I chased up my NCD. No notification from Tesco. They said my company insurance letter was the correct format, but they wouldnt consider it, as it was a seperate letter to the Admiral letter. I explained I was advised this was ok earlier by Tesco, but the advisor would not listen, or allow me to talk to the department responsible for making this decision. Why can't two seperate pieces of paper be accepted?The evidence is there.The telephone advisors apologise I was previously mis informed. I am extremely frustrated with this, and disappointed. I feel like cancelling this insurance, and my Tesco banking current account, 2 x savings accounts and credit card. Seems computer says no, and no one wants to talk around the subject.
  • 1 Reply

Employee
    Hi there, thank you for your post. I’m sorry to hear of the issues you have been having and if you have received incorrect information. When accepting no claims bonus we look at a number of things, please see below:

• The proof is in the customer's name
    • The proof is less than 2 year old guidance. or 3 years if a previous Tesco policy
    • Shows number of years NCD
    • It’s an acceptable document (Renewal/Cancellation/NCD record) On Company/Letter headed paper.
    • Classic car NCD is acceptable as long as it meets standard criteria
    • Must be from the most recent insurer

Please note that as your no claims bonus from Admiral was the most recent this is the only one we can accept as we are unable to add no claims bonus together. Admiral would have needed to accept your company car no claims bonus and then send proof to you of the total number of years in order for us to accept this.