Contactless Credit Card

Hi,

Today I received my newer credit card as my old one is about to expire.

I'm disappointed to see it is now 'contactless'.

I have rung up today to request a none contactless card to be told I have no option to change it and that is the only card available to me. Funny how my 2 current accounts with decent banks have managed to issue them no problem at all.

I suggest you look into this and get another option sorted for other customers that aren't happy to have the contactless lifestyle.

I have had a credit card with you for many years, do most my shopping in your stores and get all my fuel at your petrol stations, if you don't listen to my and most likely other peoples request, I will have no other option than to go to a credit card company that respects their customers differences.

My other half has a credit card with you too and will be following me out the door if you don't get another option avaliable.

Seriously disappointed
  • 1 Reply

Employee
    Hi , I’m sorry to hear you’re unhappy at now having a contactless card and there’s currently no way to disable this functionality. The decision for our cards to be contactless was due to customer feedback and I‘ll certainly raise feedback for you that you want the option to turn this off or to have a card which isn’t contactless. Please send a private message to with your name, DOB and postcode so we can log this for you. When entering these details, enter a space between each character so we receive the message.