Why is my balance ALWAYS more than 24 hours out of date?

Fresh Eyes
    It’s all very well having online banking and a mobile banking app, but there is always a stupid delay on the system showing the correct balance. According to the website I am £2.07 in credit and also £13.21 in debt (subtracting what I owe from my credit limit).

Is it really beyond the system to show the TRUE balance? My ‘minimum payment’ was due today but I always pay off my balance in full (to avoid paying a card’s Mickey Mouse interest and being dunned).

So on Sunday I paid in £40 more than what my balance showed (around £432) to take care of any potential late bills. I gave it a day to register but 36 hours later it had not and I was STILL shown to be £432 in debt rather than something like £40.

What kind of system is that? All this comes just a couple of weeks after my mobile app on my iPhone suddenly stopped working (and me being unable to authorise a payment).

Turns out that the app is not compatible with some versions of IoS. OK, that happens, but we punters were only indirectly informed (i.e. ‘some users might experience problems’) but we were left to eff and blind trying to sort it out and having no idea what might be wrong.

Tesco: it is up to bods and companies like YOU to make sure the app they offer is compatible with IoS / Android, NOT the other way round. And if an incompatibility does develop (as it had here), you get your coders to update the app. Most folk do it, but apparently not you.
  • 1 Reply

Your Community Expert
    @pfgpowell Hey there, thanks for getting in touch!

I agree it would be more convenient for the balance to update in a more timely manner. I have passed your comments on to the relevant team.

We are always looking to improve our products and services, so we appreciate you taking the time to give us this feedback.

If you need to ask a question about a Tesco Bank product, you can make a post in Help & Support here

Also, feel free to Introduce Yourself!