I can't install the Tesco Banking app on my device

I'm having issues installing the mobile banking app. I've the Samsung S8 not the plus and all software is at the Samsung's latest release. I've followed the instructions in the link on a previous post and it doesn't work. I still get the message saying your device isn't compatible. Surely this app should be compatible with the latest phone tech?
    Employee
    Hi , I've got a few things you can try here. The app is compatible with the Samsung S8, but let us know if you get it working!
    Thanks ScottW I've given it a go but it's not working. I'm obviously missing a step. I'll leave it. Shouldn't be this complicated just to download an app. Tesco you need to sort this out. Obviously there's an issue.
    I have the s7, it' only a few months old. But Google play tells me my device isn't comparable. I I have tried the so called tips that Tesco told me to try. But still it doesn't work. What surprised me was being told on the phone to unintall all my apps, basically do a factory restore. Of my phone, Not a chance. My phone isn't firstly a iPhone toy. I don't play games on my phone. My whole life is on it, from photos to personal documents to financial documents, numerous spread sheets etc, backed up to the cloud, so I have access to everything on all my devices. It would take hours to start over again after a factory restore of my phone. Same on my Samsung Tablet, the Tesco banking app isn't compatible. The fault lays clearly with Tesco. They must have at least one person at Tesco who could fix and 're upload a working banking app to the Google play store. I check all my different bank accounts and credit card accounts twice a day. Morning and evening, it takes a couple of minutes to check all my accounts. This way, if they was activity on my accounts that I did not recognise I would know straight away. I use plastic for everything costing from pennies to pounds. I hardly ever use cash. At most a tenner a month in cash. Checking daily will save me going through hundreds of transactions each month. Should there be a discrepancy. I would know even if I was a penny out. As every penny I spend, I account for on spreadsheets.
    I'm not prepared to factory restore my phone in the hope I can then download the Tesco banking app. Come on Tesco, Every little helps, ?? Sort out your broken app.
    Ref you saying you made changes so older devices or older operating systems won't allow the app to work. How on earth is the latest operating system or a flagship phone that costed over £500 old. #JustAsking
    Employee
    I'm sorry to hear that you're both having issues with the app and . We have the app running in the office right now on both the S7 and S8, and we've encountered no issues with downloading and installing the app. You shouldn't need to reset your phone entirely to use the app, but it could be that there's an app on your devices that may be causing an issue. Can I ask if either of you use any security apps, like CyberGhost or other apps that provide VPN services?
    Hi. The only security I have on my S8 is what Samsung have installed. I haven't got any other security features on it. Really not sure why the play store isn't recognising my device as being compatible.
    wrote:

We have recently updated some of our security measures for the Tesco Bank Mobile App, which means that some of our customers using older devices, operating systems or app versions will no longer be able to access our app. To keep you safe and so you get the most out of our app, we strongly recommend that you ensure you have the latest Tesco Bank Mobile App release and the newest available operating system for your device.

For Apple Customers - you will need to update your app if you are using app version 1.8.0 or older. If you have an Apple device with iOS 7.0 or below, you will need to upgrade your device’s operating system before you can download the newest version of our app.

For Android Customers - you will need to update your app if you are using app version 1.8.1 or older. If you have an Android device with Android operating system 2.3 through to 4.3.1, you will need to upgrade your device’s operating system before you can download the newest version of our app. Additionally, accessing our app using a Tesco Hudl or Hudl 2 device is possible using app version 2.1.0, however any future updates to the app will not be supported by Hudl devices.

I have a samsung s7edge and app is showing as non comparable
    Former Community Manager
    Hi , can you try the below steps and let us know how you get on?

Clear the cache on the Play Store
    • Clear cache data for Google Play Store app & Google Play Services (Go to Settings > Apps or Application Manager > Google Play Services > Clear cache > OK).
    • Uninstall updates for the Play Store app Play Store (Go to Settings > Apps or Application Manager > Google Play Store > Uninstall updates > OK).
    • Uninstall updates for Google Play Services (Go to Settings > Apps or Application Manager > Google Play Services > Uninstall updates > OK).
    • Restart your device.
    • Remove Google Account:
    • Open your device's Settings app.
    • Under "Accounts," touch Google and then the account you want to remove.
    • Touch the Menu icon in the top right corner of the screen.
    • Touch Remove account.
    • Add Google Account:
    • Open your device's Settings app.
    • Under "Accounts," touch Add account > Google.
    • Follow the instructions to add your account.

You can also try logging in to your Play Store via the desktop site, we've had a customer report that this worked for them. Making sure your screen size is set to the default can also help with any compatibility issues.