When will my proposed credit limit increase go through?

wrote:

Requesting an increase is easy, you can do this in the comfort of your home by logging into Online banking or our app. You can do this in the comfort of your home by logging into Online Banking or our app.

Approval of any credit limit increase depends on your circumstances. By requesting a credit limit increase you are authorising us to review your credit history and any other relevant information required to process your request, which will not impact your credit score. Requests should be avoided if:

• Your credit limit has changed in the last 6 months (increase or decrease)
    • You’ve had your credit card for less than 6 months, however after your June 2017 statement date is issued this changes to 6 months
    • You’re over your current credit limit
    • You are in arrears and with our collections team (due to outstanding payments)

Please carefully consider any increase to your credit limit as it may increase the risk of taking on too much debt, which may be costly or take a long time to pay off.

Decreasing your credit limit can be done just as easily by logging into our mobile app and heading to the 'Account Management' section. You can decrease you credit limit at any time, and the request will not impact your credit score. The minimum that you will be able to decrease your limit to is £250, or 105% of your current balance. You will not be able to complete credit limit decrease using online banking.

Hi I received a letter a few weeks back saying mine was increasing on the 2nd of September. Least see if it happens. A while back they did this I got a letter and the increase bit not on the date they stated and I don't think this one will be in on the 3nd either. I just think it's when they get the time to do it really. But will see
    Former Community Manager
    Hi , can I just double check that the date was definitely August? I wasn't aware of any increases happening in August and the next date was September.
    Hi I received a letter about getting an increase on my credit limit but I shredded the letter as I always do with anything financial. I can’t for the life of me remember what date this was supposed to be and was wondering if there was any way to be able to check? Thanks!
    Former Community Manager
    Hi , if you no longer have the letter then you would need to give us a call to find this out. You can reach the team on 0345 300 4278 (247).
    Yes I got a letter about 2 weeks ago saying my credit will be increased on the 4th September. It has not happened. Not sure why they send letters out if they are not going to do it. But hayho we will see
    How do I reduce my credit limit?

Ultimately, in a few months my balance will be cleared to zero, I can't use my card and have no desire to, plus they won't renew my PIN - so there's no point.

So I bascially want to get rid of it and reducing the credit limit will make me feel alot better.
    Former Your Community Expert
    Hi , I'm sorry that you're credit limit hasn't increased yet. It is noted on the letter that this isn't guaranteed so it may be best to call us to find out why this hasn't happened. You can reach us on 0345 300 4278 (247) and my colleagues will assist you further.

Hi , please follow the steps listed in the original post to decrease your credit limit. If you require a PIN reminder, please private message with your full name, DOB and postcode, and I'll arrange this for you. However, if your PIN is blocked, you will need to call us to have this unblocked.
    Hi Caroline

Thanks but I've tried to get a new PIN but they won't give me one. I don't have the mobile app as I only have a work smartphone and not allowed to use it for personal business.

I just want out of this credit card asap.

Thanks for your help.
    Former Your Community Expert
    You can also decrease your limit over the phone. Please call us on the number above and my colleagues will arrange this for you - Caroline
    Being kept on hold for 20 minutes...nah...life's too short. I'll leave it...the balance will be cleared in a few months and I'll just close it and go somewhere else where it's easier.