New card query - confused!

Hi there, I have had a balance transfer card for a few months. Recently I requested a second transfer card, which has now arrived.

I created a new online account for the second card as I couldn't see any option to see both cards on one account - is this right?

Also, when I signed up for the card I requested £500 balance transfer and my account says my available credit is £2100, but my credit limit is £2600. Is this because the £500 I requested to transfer is still pending? When will it show on my account so that I can start making the right payments? Many thanks!
  • 10 Replies

• Verified Answer

Supervisor
    Verified Answer
    Good morning, In addition to and in the past I've seen an option with Online Banking (desktop) to add further accounts so I can view them also. If I remember rightly (without logging in) it should be on the right hand side of the web page (says something like Current Account, Credit Card) etc.
  • Verified Answer

Former Community Manager
    Verified Answer
    Hi , hope you're doing well. Although this is possible when adding a second product like a Current or Savings Account to a Credit Card, adding a second Credit Card to view online isn't currently an available option. However, when customers give us a call on the number above we merge the accounts together (when possible) so that they can access both cards on the same online account. I hope this clarifies things for you.
    Former Community Manager
    Hi , can you give our online team a call on 0345 300 3511 so we can look to merge your two accounts? It's not always possible but we can certainly have a look at the account. The amount showing on your account would be including the balance transfer, you would need to have received and activate the card before this will take place, you can do this on the app or by giving us a call on the number above, the balance transfer would then complete within 2-3 working days and this would be reflected on your statement. I hope this helps.
    Last edited by ChristinaG; 22-01-21 at 14:52.
    Community Manager
    - Ross is right.

Hope this helps? If so, please can you accept the solution so that it can be stored for other customers?

Thanks - Sarah
    Hi there,
    Sorry, I was waiting to see if the statement would update. I just logged in and it is still not showing any transactions at all. It still just says available £2100, limit £2600
    Is it likely that this is still being processed? It hasn't taken the balance from my other credit card either yet.
    Many thanksJen
    The other query is answered and I have since found an option on my new account to add my other credit card. So many thanks for your help with that. The only thing I'm still confused about is why my account is still showing no transactions and I'm wondering how long this will take so I can set up a direct debit.
    Many thanks again, you've been very helpful!
    Employee
    Have you received and activated your new card yet ? The transfer will be pending on your account until then. Once the card is activated, it should take no more than three working days for the transfer to go through. Have you activated your card yet?
    Hi again,I assume it's activated as I did as it instructed and set up an account. I can login and view my credit limit, but still no transactions showing. It also has my card number on the account overview. Is there anything else I need to do to activate it as there is no option in 'my account' to activate a card & this is all I did to activate my previous Tesco credit card. When I looked online it simply said look for the 'activate card' option in 'manage account' and I've looked and there is no option. So I assume it's activated? I set it all up on Monday, but currently no transactions are showing and the transfer has not reached my Barclaycard either?

There is an option on the account overview to add a credit card, but when I clicked on this it appears to be an option to merge it with my other Tesco account and I've decided it's best to keep them separate.

Please could you advise if there is something else I need to do to activate the card. I have been through every option in the account and cannot find anywhere to activate, but it let me open an account and all my details are there?
    Many thanks
    Jen
    Sorry guys, just a quick update - this is now resolved. I was using my laptop for online banking, which gave no options whatsoever to activate the card. I just downloaded the app on my phone & it gave me the option immediately to enter the CVV number. So it's now activated.
    Sorry for taking up so much of your time. My query is now resolved!