Loan Enquiry

Hi, I had a loan in 2014 from Tesco Bank. It was £10,000 over five years which I was able to repay two years early. I’m now in a position where I need another loan. I looked on money supermarket and although Tesco bank had the best loan offer it told me I was unlikely to be accepted. It said the loan I was likely to be successful with was from ratesetter which had an advertised rate of 6.7% but once I applied it rose to 17.6%. I’m now not sure that I trust money supermarket and am wondering if they were wrong about Tesco bank not being likely to accept me. Does the bank take into account former customers good record or do they go solely on your credit rating(mine for some reason is low at the moment despite the fact that I’ve cleared over £100,000 of debt in the last year.)? Any help would be appreciated.
  • 1 Reply

Employee
    Thanks for getting in touch

We wouldn't be able to disclose our acceptance criteria via social media but we would take the credit card into account. We wouldn't be able to provide any indication of likelihood of acceptance prior to the application.

I apologise for not being able to provide a definitive response.

Jay