You're not easy to contact from overseas, Tesco!

Hi all, It took me a while to find that I may be able to contact someone from Tesco from a community board, as calling you from Australia isn't as easy as I wish it was. I'm trying to cancel a home insurance policy which you're taking from my bank account each month. I've cancelled the DD, but trying to be a nice customer to let you know as well. Can a member of the Tesco team contact me directly as I'd rather not havemy (entire) story on public display. I've noticed that the monthly payment increased considerably, but received no communication about this. I tried to log in on line, but apparently my personal details don't match anything you have on file (but you're taking my money every month). Would very much appreciate a response - thanks.
  • 3 Replies

Former Community Manager
    Hi , I'm sorry to hear that you're having issues getting a hold of us. We can't cancel the policy via this page, but if you call our Home Insurance team on our international number 00443452462904, we can arrange that for you. Our opening hours are 8am - 9pm Mon - Fri and 9am - 5pm Sat - Sun. Alternatively, you can cancel your policy by writing to us at Freepost RSJB-RZZY-HTJB Tesco Bank Customer Service, P O Box 276, Newcastle Upon Tyne, NE12 2BT. Please include your policy number, DOB, address and a signature if you are writing. We would issue the renewal notice either to your online account or the postal address that we hold on file for you to be received no later than 21 days before the renewal date. I hope this helps.
    Hello Ross - thanks for the reply. Part of the problem is that I don't have any copies of paperwork in Australia, and I've entered my details online to find the policy, but get a message saying that nothing matches the details I've provided. Would appreciate help on how to proceed in this case...Thanks.
    Your Community Expert
    If you send us a full name, DOB and postcode (that was registered on the policy) via private message, I will take a closer look for you - Chris