Why has my car insurance gone up double when I changed my car

I got new car and changed it on my insurance and it’s gone up from 40 to 84 a month but if I just start a new insurance with I only would have to 45 why is this ???
  • 3 Replies

Community superstar
    Hi
    I'm really sorry to hear that your insurance has increased and I will certainly help you to get it resolved.
    As you have changed your car that can be a deciding factor as well as other factors for the increase.
    However I suggest you speak with the Car Insurance Team and they'll do everything they can to assist you.
    The Car Insurance Team are available on 0345 246 2895 or 0113 820 9990 from a mobile (Mon - Fri: 9am - 6pm, Sat 9am - 2pm Sun: Closed).
    Hope this helps!!
    Take care and warm wishes,
    Above and beyond
    Hi
    This typically occurs when you make changes to an existing policy.
    My advice is to go for a new policy, but make sure that you call the car insurance team to cancel your existing one, or you’ll end up paying for both !
    Hope this helps, @ CSKBrambles
    Community superstar
    Hi
    Often when you make changes to an existing policy it can increase your premium as CSKBrambles has mentioned but there are other factors such as your change of car.
    If a new insurance is considerably cheaper you can of course change, however you would need to find out what charges, if any, there are for cancelling your existing policy.
    If you contact Tesco Insurance and tell them a new insurance is considerably cheaper they will look at it and see if they can do a price match for you.
    If you do decide to take a new policy out then you will need to cancel your old one otherwise you will have 2 policies.
    Hope this helps!!! @25H