Cancelling my car insurance

Hello, I tried to contact Tesco Bank Car Insurance twice last week but didn't manage to get through. I was on hold for ages as it states that wait times are long due to corona virus. I didn't want to have to keep trying as I just wanted to inform them that I've found a considerably cheaper deal elsewhere, so I simply wanted to tell them this.

I sent a 'lapse my renewal' a couple of days ago but I'm getting emails and text messages asking why I've stopped my DD to them (which are obviously automated). I decided to post something on here in the hope that someone could ask them to contact me if they really want to speak to me about it, as I they wouldn't have to wait over 20mins in the hope of getting through to me.

Could someone from TB reply to this to suggest how I can indicate to you who I am so you can perhaps pass a message on? Thanks, Mike
  • 6 Replies

• Verified Answer

Your Community Expert
    Verified Answer
    Hi , sorry to hear this! Could you please send us a private message to Tesco-Bank and I can take a look into this for you?
  • Verified Answer

Above and beyond
    Verified Answer
    Hi If your lapse my renewal form' was submitted within the 21 days period before renewal date, that's all that you need to do.To receive confirmation, send a 'private message to Tesco Bank as follows :- Please send Tesco Bank a 'Private Message' to request confirmation of policy lapse.
    1. Click on this link @Tesco-Bank and it will take you to a page, 'About Tesco Bank'.
    2. In the top right of the page click onto 'Send a Message'.
    3. A new page will open up, 'Create New Message'.
    4. Complete it and send your message securely.
    Please include your full name, date of birth and postcode.
    They will send you a reply to your message.
    Kind Regards,
    Community superstar
    Hi
    I'm really sorry to hear you're not renewing your car insurance, however I understand that having found a considerably cheaper deal elsewhere.
    As you have sent your 'lapse my policy' form it will take a while to get processed.
    Emails and texts are still being sent and as you say they will be automated.
    As you have tried to call them without success an alternative is to write to them at: Freepost RSJB-RZZY-HTJB Tesco Bank Customer Service, PO Box 276, Newcastle Upon Tyne, NE12 2BT.
    I don't feel there is any more you need to do.
    You could send Tesco Bank a 'Private Message' however to see if they are able to pass a message on for you.
    Click on this link and it will take you to a page, 'About Tesco Bank'.
    In the top right of the page click onto 'Send a Message'.
    A new page will open up, 'Create New Message'.
    Complete it and send your message securely.
    Please include your full name, date of birth and postcode.
    Hope this helps!!
    Warm wishes,
    Thanks for all the swift replies. I'll send a private message shortly.
    Above and beyond
    Thanks Delighted to be of assistance to you,Best Wishes,
    Community superstar
    Morning Mike
    Hopefully after sending your private message you've been able to pass your message on successfully and concluded what you wanted to do.
    Please would you close down by 'Accept as Solution' for me.
    Really pleased to have been assistance.
    Warm wishes, Caz