Applying for tesco loan

Hi! I'm hoping someone can help me!

Yesterday I googled loans. I followed the link for tesco, filled all the pages in, and got to the end where I was made an offer, unfortunately I was in the middle of something else and the page timed out - I wanted to look at it properly later on anyway (basically just seeing what they would offer)

Later, I did the same thing and I have been trying ever since: I go to the loans page, fill out amount etc and then it asks me to log in as it recognises me (I already have a tesco credit card) I log in, but then it goes back to the original apply for loan page and its like its logged me out, then I go round in a circle!
    Has anyone had this happen or know how I can sort it?

Many thanks! :)
  • 3 Replies

• Verified Answer

Employee
    Verified Answer
    Hi  and welcome to the Tesco Bank community!

From what you've said, the first application you've made has gone to the offer stage, meaning that the website won't allow you to apply again. Our systems won't allow multiple applications to go through, as this would have an impact on your credit file.

To complete the application or discuss the offer, you'd need to call us on 0345 600 6016 and my colleagues will be able to give you a hand.
    Last edited by ChristopherP; 15-01-21 at 12:43. Reason: opening hours
    Hi Scott
    Thank you for the advice I have done just that and you were exactly right.. They finished off my application for me over the phone and the documents are now in the post to me!
    I don't suppose you know... Now I am at this stage does that mean I am definitely accepted or do they decide later?
    Thanks again for your help! :-)
    Employee
    Hi ,

If on the call you made, you were only asked for a signed credit agreement to be returned, then it would be accepted once we have received this back.

Alternatively, if you were asked to return further documentation to us then the loan would only be approved upon receipt of these documents and them being accepted.

Hope this helps :-)