child car seat cover

Fresh Eyes
    Hi
    does anyone know if child car seats are just covered under personal belongings or is there a separate part for them?
    thank you
  • 2 Replies

Staff
    Hey @Laurz202, thanks for getting in touch. If you have comprehensive cover, your child car seat will be replaced if involved in an accident. We will do this even if there is no apparent damage to the seat, giving you peace of mind that your loved one will be protected. We will replace the seat with one of equivalent quality up to a limit of £300 per incident. The car seat is not covered if it is not fitted to the car insured with us at the time of the accident. I hope this clarifies things!
    Fresh Eyes
    A child car seat that was in a car when it was involved in a collision should be replaced, even if there is no visible damage. I learned this from my insurance company after I got in an accident with my foster daughter. I didn't have any experience with situations like these since I just became a foster mother a few months prior to the accident through the fosterplus.org agency. Apparently, the accident's impact may have weakened the seat to such an extent that it will not provide the same level of protection in another accident. I think it's very important to know this.
    Last edited by Machinegunkelly; 25-02-22 at 18:15.