Paying credit card by direct debit?

Fresh Eyes
    Within my application I wished to pay by direct debit for my statements, this has appeared in my banking app but doesn’t have a date on it. When is this payment taken after the statement is produced? And would I be able to change that date to bring it forward so it’s definitely paid in advance of the due date?
    Thanks
  • 2 Replies

• Verified Answer

Your Community Expert
    Verified Answer
    Hi @Rachaell1, thanks for your message. When we issue your first statement, your payment due date will be indicated on there and the due date always falls 25 days after your statement date. If you have a minimum or fixed payment direct debit set up on your account then it will collect on the due date, or if you have a previous statement balance direct debit then it will collect 5 working days prior to the due date. When your statement is ready to view online and on the mobile app we'll send an email to let you know, and at this point your direct debit information will also display on the overview page of the mobile app when you log in.

We're not able to confirm your payment due date over PM but if you're able to give our team a quick call on the number that @25H has provided above, then we'll be able to confirm that and we can also look into changing the dates if you like.

If you need to ask a question about a Tesco Bank product, you can make a post in Help & Support here

Also, feel free to Introduce Yourself and have fun in Off-topic too!

Community superstar
    Hi @Rachaell1

The best thing is to send a private message to the Tesco Bank team to get your payment date. When you've got that you can judge whether you want to change ypur direct debit date or not.
    To do this click on this link: https://community.tescobank.com/priv...newpm&u=447614
    Please include your full name, date of birth and postcode.

Complete it, click 'Submit Message' and this will send your message securely and privately.

Changing the date of your Direct Debit
    You can change the date we take the Direct Debit from your account.
    You will need to call at least 7 days before your next scheduled payment date. You can select any date between 1st – 25th of the month to make your payment.
    Please note that you cannot go more than 45 days between payments. If your requested date is more than 45 days away this could result in us asking you to make two payments in the one month.
    Their number is 0345 600 6016 Monday to Friday 8am to 10pm, Saturday and Sunday 9am to 5pm.

Warm wishes, Caz @25H