Neighbour's car has damaged my wall

View Tag Cloud
    Fresh Eyes
    Hello. My neighbour pulled up her car on her drive but failed to apply the handbrake to her car which subsequently rolled back down her drive and hit my low brick dividing wall, of which a 3 meter length has been knocked over. All recorded on CCTV, my neighbour admits liability, etc.,. She has informed her car insurer (Esure) but they want my home insurance details (i.e., my Tesco home insurance details). I've refused to provide these for fear of my home insurance renewal premiums being adversely affected (my car insurance renewal premiums would be affected if she had damaged my car so I'm assuming home insurance works the same way). However, it appears that Esure are doing nothing regarding repairs to my property whilst they have already authorised a courtesy car for my neighbour. So my question is, do I need / do I have have an obligation to provide my Tesco home insurance details for my neighbour to pass on to her car insurer (Esure) in order for Esure to commence organising repairs to my wall?
    Last edited by Archie11; 15-03-22 at 13:56. Reason: correct spelling
  • 2 Replies

• Verified Answer

Staff
    Verified Answer
    Hey @Archie11, it is standard practice for the car insurance provider to ask for your home insurance details so they can arrange with us for you to be paid for the repairs. If you are concerned about this, you can email [email protected] or call us on 0345 677 7222 (24/7). I hope this helps!
    Fresh Eyes
    Thanks JoeC. Esure (via my neighbour) as asked me to submit 2 repair quotes to them (but have provided no additional details about what would happen next). I spoke to Tesco Home Insurance who advises a survey or would decide a price and then my challenge is to find a builder to do the work for less than or equal to this price. Crikey, I'm the blameless injured party and I'm having to do work / carry financial risk to try and restore my property. It stinks!