Adding an account and text code issue.

I have Tesco online banking, Credit Card, and want to add a newly opened savings account.
    When trying to achieve this and after adding sort code and account number there is a box to enter a code. The code should be sent by sms to the registered mobile number. The code is not being received and the only option offered is to cancel and try again! No, that doesn't work.
    I've had this problem before when trying to log into internet banking. No sms has been sent after numerous attempts - different phone number. I've had to use the call to landline for a code. This option is not shown when adding an account. Any ideas?
  • 2 Replies

Staff
    Hi @newagetraveller, thanks for getting in touch. So we can check we have the right mobile number on file, please give our Online Helpdesk a quick call on 0345 300 3511 (Mon - Fri: 8am to 9pm, Sat - Sun: 8am - 6pm)
    Thanks for the reply Robbie. This happened some time ago when I couldn't log in to my credit card account. No code by s.m.s.. Fortunately I was able to get the code via a landline call. I know the mobile number is correct. No problems like this from other financial institutions, therefore not my phone or network.
    I tried phoning but the wait was unacceptable and I gave up.
    I've now opened similar elsewhere and will not continue with the Tesco account. There's no way I'm going to add funds to an account that I can't see!
    Thanks again.