My partner was declined for learner driving insurance

View Tag Cloud
    Fresh Eyes
    Hi,

My other half recently got her provisional driving license. With how backed up driving instructors are, we decided I would start teaching her how to drive.

I tried to add her on to my insurance today and they declined this due to the fact she osis part time, mature student.

She was made redundant in November 2022 and is in the process of starting her own little business.

The operator said maybe in a few months once she has experience in driving then it may be a different story - but she needs insurance to gain experience!

Not too sure what her occupation has to do with her learning to drive to be honest. Would be good to know if anyone else has had this issue with Tesco insurance before?

Thanks in advance.
  • 1 Reply

• Verified Answer

Your Community Expert
    Verified Answer
    @TomXIV Hey there, thanks for getting in touch. I appreciate this must be frustrating however this was an underwriting decision and it's not something we have control over. I hope she is able to find a suitable alternative.

If you need to ask a question about a Tesco Bank product, you can make a post in Help & Support here

Also, feel free to Introduce Yourself!