Reporting date and statement date not disclosed

View Tag Cloud
    Just looking
    Hi

I got a credit builder card from Tesco Bank and have been using it since 4th Jan 2023. However, there has been a clear lack of transparency from Tesco Bank. They have not disclosed to me my credit card's statement closing date and most importantly they have failed to tell me on what date Tesco Bank reports my credit card balancer to the credit bureaus.

My question is:
    On what date every month does Tesco Bank report credit card balances to Equifax, Experian and TransUnion?

I assumed that the reporting date is on 4th Feb 2023 (started using the credit card on 4th Jan) so didn't clear my balance in time. Because of this reason, my credit utilization ratio increased and my credit score decreased.
    By investigating my credit reports from Clearscore and Credit Karma, I inferred that Tesco Bank reported to CRAs on 1st Feb without giving me any written notification in advance whatsoever.

I request Tesco Bank to take this matter up to the highest level and urgently take action on it.

Next time, please send me an email before you report to credit agencies so I can clear my balance and maintain a low credit utilization rate.

Thank you
  • 4 Replies

• Verified Answer

Your Community Expert
    Verified Answer
    Hi @johnklutz, we issue your first credit card statement around 30 days after you opened the credit card account. We'll then continue to send your statement on the same date every month, and you can view all these on online banking or the mobile app. Your payment due date then falls 25 days after your statement date. If you'd prefer to change the statement date to a date that's preferable to you then please call our team on 0345 300 4278 (Mon - Fri: 8am to 9pm, Sat - Sun: 8am - 6pm), and we can arrange that. Some of our services are closed from 5pm until 8am.

We report to the credit reference agencies on the last day of every month. If you'd like to set up email alerts/reminders on your account then you can find more information about how to do this here: How do I manage my credit card spending alerts? - Tesco Bank Community

If you need to ask a question about a Tesco Bank product, you can make a post in Help & Support here

Also, feel free to Introduce Yourself and have fun in Off-topic too!

Just looking
    When (time, day, month, frequency) does Tesco Bank report credit card balances to Credit reference agencies?

Thank you
    Just looking
    Hi

I got a credit builder card from Tesco Bank and have been using it since 4th Jan 2023. However, there has been a clear lack of transparency from Tesco Bank. They have not disclosed to me my credit card's statement closing date and most importantly they have failed to tell me on what date Tesco Bank reports my credit card balancer to the credit bureaus.

My question is:
    On what date every month does Tesco Bank report credit card balances to Equifax, Experian and TransUnion?

I assumed that the reporting date is on 4th Feb 2023 (started using the credit card on 4th Jan) so didn't clear my balance in time. Because of this reason, my credit utilization ratio increased and my credit score decreased.
    By investigating my credit reports from Clearscore and Credit Karma, I inferred that Tesco Bank reported to CRAs on 1st Feb without giving me any written notification in advance whatsoever.

I request Tesco Bank to take this matter up to the highest level and urgently take action on it.

Next time, please send me an email before you report to credit agencies so I can clear my balance and maintain a low credit utilization rate.

Thank you

Also please regularly update me on the status of progress in resolving this issue. Appreciate your kind assiatance