unable to login into my Clubcard Pay+ account using the Tesco banking android app/

Window shopper
    Tesco customer support didn't contact me, as promised, will have to ring them again.

It seems that if you leave the app alone for a while, like a day or 2, it won't ask you for the PIN & password. Instead it will show a page like "Do you want to set up notifications? Yes or Not Now" and then logs me into the app successfully and I can see my transactions.

Another time I had to authorise a payment via the app, and again I hadn't use the app for a couple of days, it allowed me to authorise it and logged me into the app without asking for the PIN and password.

So specifically, it's the PIN & password login method that is broken, not the fingerprint.
    I have the same issue, where I get the "Sorry" message.

It seems there is no solution for us, and the only way forward is to revert back to SMS for payment authorisation and uninstall the App.

I don't think there is a will within Tesco Bank to resolve the issue.

It's quite frustrating, as I only installed the App after my card was cloned and several unauthorised transactions were made. Thankfully that was resolved, but I would have noticed something was amiss if I had the App installed.

One step forward, one giant leap backwards.

I will monitor this thread, just in case there is a resolution.
    Eagle eye
    I have the same issue, where I get the "Sorry" message.

It seems there is no solution for us, and the only way forward is to revert back to SMS for payment authorisation and uninstall the App.

I don't think there is a will within Tesco Bank to resolve the issue.

It's quite frustrating, as I only installed the App after my card was cloned and several unauthorised transactions were made. Thankfully that was resolved, but I would have noticed something was amiss if I had the App installed.

One step forward, one giant leap backwards.

I will monitor this thread, just in case there is a resolution.

I agree - there is no will to fix the issue and it seems the attitude is - if it works for the majority then dont bother.
    Your Community Manager
    Morning everyone

First of all, thank you for all of this feedback and letting us know that things aren't working. I know how frustrating it must be, but your feedback really is helping us with our ongoing investigations and testing.

We are fully aware that the app is not working as expected for some of our Android customers right now, we released a fix for this a few weeks back however this has been unsuccessful so we are still investigating what the issue is in order to fix it as soon as possible.

Please be assured your comments and concerns are not being ignored, we are collating everyone's comments and passing these on to the Mobile Team for review.

We plan to publish a communication about this issue in our News space on here, once we have that up and running, I'll come back to this thread to let you know about it.

In the meantime, please don't hesitate to contact myself or @Tesco-Bank DM's if we can help with anything else.

Thank you again for both your ongoing patience and continuous feedback!
    Morning everyone

First of all, thank you for all of this feedback and letting us know that things aren't working. I know how frustrating it must be, but your feedback really is helping us with our ongoing investigations and testing.

We are fully aware that the app is not working as expected for some of our Android customers right now, we released a fix for this a few weeks back however this has been unsuccessful so we are still investigating what the issue is in order to fix it as soon as possible.

Please be assured your comments and concerns are not being ignored, we are collating everyone's comments and passing these on to the Mobile Team for review.

We plan to publish a communication about this issue in our News space on here, once we have that up and running, I'll come back to this thread to let you know about it.

In the meantime, please don't hesitate to contact myself or @Tesco-Bank DM's if we can help with anything else.

Thank you again for both your ongoing patience and continuous feedback!

Why does the app tell me to try again later, when all along you know there's an issue and it will fail. There is no hint as to what the issue is and such a mess age only serves to waste my, and others', time. It would be smart if your website actually said there was an issue rather than leaving us in the dark.

At least we now know it is recognised there is a problem. Though from your reply there is no end in sight for a solution.

The current situation of simply uninstalling the App is the best option for me. It even seems I can't have the App installed and have SMS authorisation texts at the same time. You really couldn't make it up.
    Eagle eye
    still no joy in logging on using the app on my android phone and this has been going on for months with no solution or explanation.

I guess tesco bank wants us to go elsewhere for our banking.
    Last edited by dw4536; 28-09-23 at 17:57.
    Eagle eye
    still no joy in logging on using the app on my android phone and this has been going on for months with no solution or explanation.

I guess tesco bank wants us to go elsewhere for our banking.

A week now since i posted the above message and no moderator bothers to comment etc
    Your Community Manager
    Hi @dw4536

Apologies for the delay in responding to you, I'm not sure why this wasn't picked up.

Unfortunately, we're still no further forward with a fix or a solution for this one.