Certified copies

• Tags for this Thread
  • loans
View Tag Cloud
    Fresh Eyes
    I applied for a loan some time ago. I have received a letter from you saying that I have to send you a certified copy of my passport.
    My question is , can I do this at a Post office or do I have to go to a solicitor?
  • 2 Replies

Your Community Expert
    @Ovi Hey there, thanks for getting in touch!

These can't be certified by the Post Office, I'm afraid. I've listed the list of acceptable certifiers below. I hope this helps 😊

• Your Bank
    • Lawyer, Solicitor or Notary Public
    • Serving Police officer
    • Doctor– i.e. Your GP (pre existing doctor/patient relationship)
    • Teacher – Pre existing relationship
    • Authorised financial intermediary (IFA or FCA authorised Mortgage intermediary)
    • Qualified Accountant
    • Local Councillor or MP
    • Official of an embassy, consulate, or high commission of the country issuing the Passport
    • Chartered Professional (e.g. Chartered Engineer) who can be verified via the relevant organisation
    • Individual holding an SMR (FCA) registration
    • Serving Officer in the UK Armed Forces

If you need to ask a question about a Tesco Bank product, you can make a post in Help & Support here

Also, feel free to Introduce Yourself!
    Fresh Eyes
    I have contacted Tesco Bank customer service and they have told me that I can go to the post office as they have a certified service and I can do it with them.
    So who should I listen to?

- - - Updated - - -

I have contacted Tesco Bank customer service and they have told me that I can go to the post office as they have a certified service and I can do it with them.

- - - Updated - - -