Locked out of my car insurance account

View Tag Cloud
    Fresh Eyes
    Hello,

Can someone help me get access to my car insurance account.

I've been registered before but had insurance for the last year with another company and now that I'm back with tesco bank I believe it's causing me some problems signing in and resetting my password.

The phone number is not correct on my account and I can not get the code to reset my password. I've also had trouble trying to register a new account as it will not accept any password combination that I've tried.

Bit of a nightmare, I hope you can help.
  • 3 Replies

Your Community Expert
    @T1Cybernetic Hey there, thanks for getting in touch! I can understand how frustrating this must be.

However, you will need to separately register the new policy for Your Insurance Account in any case.

If you click 'register now' on the login screen and follow the instructions you'll be able to complete registration and access the policy online.

Please let me know if you have any further issues.

If you need to ask a question about a Tesco Bank product, you can make a post in Help & Support here

Also, feel free to Introduce Yourself!
    Fresh Eyes
    @T1Cybernetic Hey there, thanks for getting in touch! I can understand how frustrating this must be.

However, you will need to separately register the new policy for Your Insurance Account in any case.

If you click 'register now' on the login screen and follow the instructions you'll be able to complete registration and access the policy online.

Please let me know if you have any further issues.

Ah, that's probably where I've been going wrong and made a mess of getting into my account ;)

I have tried to register with the email and url from my new policy and it took me to a login page which I figured was because I've had car insurance previously but because I've messed up my phone number on a comparison website to avoid all the spam I set the number to (07999999999) I could not perform the password reset because I totally forgot to put my correct phone number.

My own fault, It'll get rectified ;) and it serves me right for rushing the process thinking I knew what I was doing! I just hope there's nothing else incorrect.
    Your Community Expert
    @T1Cybernetic It can be quite confusing if you have had previous policies with us! Just give me a shout if you need any further help 😊