Giffgaff mobile not receiving One Time Code

Fresh Eyes
    Hello

For several months my mobile has not been receiving the One Time Codes as part of the Tesco Bank login process.

It doesn't matter if I try to login using a Windows laptop, a Chromebook, Chrome browser on my Pixel 3A XL mobile - as soon as I click the button to "send one time code" I get an error message "Sorry something has gone wrong......".

I spoke to someone in Tesco Bank tech support earlier today and she advised that the issue is with Giffgaff preventing/blocking/not recognising the One Time Code texts from Tesco as being genuine, and that Giffgaff should be able to allow these texts to be received.

I've logged into my Giffgaff account and could see that my settings for "Premium Rate" calls and texts were switched off. I have turned these settings on, rebooted my mobile, and I still do not receive the One Time Code texts.

Other forums suggest that it is in fact the sender's fault, i.e. Tesco Bank, and that most providers go into "denial mode" where they repeatdly say it's the mobile provider that is preventing the texts from being received.

Can someone at Tesco Bank please give me an honest, transparent answer as to why the One Time Codes are not being received. (I have double checked with customer services and they do have my correct mobile number).

Currently I am now unable to log into Tesco Bank either on my mobile or chromebook - and don't get me started about the Tesco Bank app!!! The app has never worked either - when I click "send code" I get error message saying "There's a problem sending a Once Time Access Code to your phone" and an error code EGN-01.
  • 1 Reply

Staff
    Hey @hogpog, sorry to hear that you're not able to receive texts from us. If you're getting an error as soon as the code is requested, this sounds to me like something we need to look into further. Please give us another call on 0345 300 3511 (Mon - Fri: 8am to 9pm, Sat - Sun: 8am - 6pm) and we will be able to troubleshoot further and potentially raise this with our IT team. I hope this helps!