Direct debit wasn't taken

I set up a direct debit at the beginning of December for my credit card and when I checked just before pay day (15th) it said that my direct debit would be taken on 18/12/18 so I thought great and thought no more of it. When I checked my account on the 20th-23rd. I couldn’t see it being taken but with the time of year I just thought there was a delay in seeing it being taken from my Natwest debit account. I just went on to check tesco account tonight as there’s is still no sign of the money leaving my personal debit account and I’ve been charged a late payment fee of £12. I have not received a letter or notification that anything was amiss. I’m now worried about my promotional offer. The date on my direct debit had changed to January 18th and amount to pay shows is double. Please can you help me? :-( Why did it say it was due to be taken but wasn’t? I’ve now paid what should have taken on 18/12 plus the late payment fee via debit transaction. I would just like information on how this affects my promotional offer please. Thanks in advance. X
  • 2 Replies

hi, its always best to try & avoid missing a repayment as not only will it be marked on your credit file but you will get stung with late payment charges so contact your card issuer at earliest oppertunity to explain as there will be a dedicated dept to help anyone experiencing problems
    Your Community Expert
    Hi , I have replied to your private message regarding this.