Credit card transactions

Window shopper
    I made a credit card payment for goods online. I received a text from Tesco Bank advising a payment had been declined and whether or not i'd requested payment to be made. I confirmed i had requested the payment and the payment was made. Shortly thereafter, i had a suspicion the website was not as genuine as i had initially imagined and whilst i received an order number and order confirmation e-mail, it was merely from an '@outlook.com' address, rather than a company address. I became worried and contacted the 'company' via their 'contact us' button on their webpage ... asking for confirmation of shipping advice. 48hrs later with no reply, I tried responding to the confirmation e-mail, highlighting my concerns and became anxious as on further investigation it became clear the website which was seemingly in USA, was actually in China. A further e-mail followed, and again no response. My order was made on 25th March with advice on the website that delivery would take a week. A further e-mail was received confirming payment had been received but that it may differ in amount due to 'exchange rates' on the day of purchase. On checking my Tesco Credit Card - payment has indeed been taken for a little over the amount expected but i wanted to know -
    1) how long should i wait before raising my concerns with Tesco Credit Card, given i am receiving no response from the website/company? 2) Is there anything Tesco Credit Card can do to help, should i not receive the goods and i have no way of contacting company?
  • 1 Reply

• Verified Answer

Employee
    Verified Answer
    Hi @rumac19

I’m sorry for the delay in responding to your query.
    If you've tried to contact the merchant regarding this transaction and the refund has still not been processed, you can raise a chargeback with our disputes team.
    In order to do this, you would have to give us a call on 0345 366 2711.
    Last edited by ChristopherP; 22-01-21 at 12:36.