Faster Payment System

Unfortunately Tesco are fooling us all by claiming they are a member of the Faster Payment System. The FPS stipulates that members actioning a Single Immediate Payment that the funds MUST be available in the receiving account within two hours or provide a message to the initiator why the transaction has not happened. The FPS rules below are on the FPS website! Tesco pull your socks up and get this sorted - I have incurred charges due to your inability to transfer funds within the same day especially when on the confirmation page you are still stating "Usually within 2 hours"!!!!!!!
    Single Immediate Payments
    • Customers can initiate these one-off payments with their bank online, using a mobile device, over the phone or in a branch.
    • Single immediate payments can be sent 24 hours a day, seven days a week (subject to the service offering of your bank).
    • Up to £250,000 can be sent per transaction (although individual banks may impose lower limits). You can check the current limit here.
    • The money must be available in the receiving customer account within two hours, but generally is available within minutes.
    • The central Faster Payments infrastructure provides a response to the sending bank within 15 seconds, confirming that the receiving bank has accepted or rejected the payment. When rejected, the receiving bank will also provide a reason for the rejection.
    • Sometimes the receiving bank is unable to take the payment immediately, in which case the customer should be given a response indicating when they can expect the funds to reach the account. Reasons for this include an operational issue at the receiving bank or if the receiving account does not permit immediate posting of the payment.
  • 1 Reply

Former Community Manager
    Hi , I'm sorry to hear that your're unhappy. Can I check if you attempted to make the faster payment between 4pm Saturday and 6am Sunday as we take our service offline for essential maintenance? If not, so I can look into this further please send a message to explaining your situation, include your name, date of birth and postcode. For details like your DOB and postcode we ask for you to format it with additional spaces, i.e. A B 1 2 C D, 2 4 1 0 2 0 1 6 otherwise the information is removed by the system.