Tesco bank shambles

Just looking
    Hi, On Saturday I received a text message from the Tesco Bank Fraud dept asking me to call them on 0345 366 1281. I did, went through all the security rigmarole and was told all would now be fine. When I tried to use the debit card I found it was still blocked. Spoke to another two people yesterday and was told everything had now been reset and should at last be fine. I asked which number was the best to call on if there was still a problem and was told it was the one above. It wasn't fine. Tried to use the card again and still blocked. Phoned 0345 366 1281 today and was told they would need to transfer me. Was put on hold, waited for 15 minutes, and eventually gave up. I see I'm not the only one to suffer at the hands of this shambolic joke of a bank and I've now had enough of this nonsense. Seems the only course is to make a formal complaint with a request for full compensation and will take to the FOS if not resolved. The address I have is Tesco Bank, PO Box 17430, Edinburgh, **postcode removed**. Could someone confirm this to be the correct address for formal complaints and whether there is also an email address. PS. And for reasons known only to Tesco their forum sofware has removed the postcode.
  • 4 Replies

Employee
    Hi @Arby

I'm really sorry to hear about the problems you've had while trying to get your card unblocked and I can understand how frustrating it must feel. I can check into the account for you to see what's been happening. If you send me a private message with your name, postcode and DOB I can look into it. If you do send your details, please enter the postcode and DOB with spaces between the characters, like A B 1 2 C D.

The address you mentioned is correct, and you can make a formal complaint to that address. We don't offer an email contact for complaints, but it can also be done over the phone.
    Complaints department seems rather busy lately. I complained by phone and was told they'd reply by letter. I got a letter of confirmation when my complaint was received, but no response. Now I've got another letter apologising for the delay in responding to my complaint...still no response. Good luck for getting a response 
    Just looking
    Sorry to hear you haven't had a response from them. In contrast to my earlier experience, I was impressed with the speed and efficiency of their complaints department. I wrote on the same day as I posted here, was contacted a couple of days later, and had the problem fixed by noon the following day. Seems someone in the anti-fraud department had ticked the wrong box. Now if they could make sure problems like that are resolved without customers first having to spend a lifetime trying different phone numbers and listening to inappropriate options then I'll be still more impressed. Hope your problem is resolved and thanks to Scott for his offer to help.
    We have had a similar problems. I can not believe that in 21st century they have no email address for complaints. More efficient and cheaper for them to respond by email. Even more disappointed in the inefficient service. It has not been made easy to make a complaint