Insurance break

View Tag Cloud
    Fresh Eyes
    I have paid my insurance off for the year but am planning on going abroad and leaving my car off the road for 4 months. Is there any way to request a break in my insurance and receive a bit of money back for that period of time?
  • 1 Reply

Your Community Expert
    @westa123 Hey there, thanks for getting in touch. We're not able to arrange a break in your insurance cover, I'm afraid. If you're leaving the vehicle off-road you will either need to apply for a Statutory Off Road Notification (SORN), or keep it insured. If you'd like to declare it off-road you can do so here.

If you do arrange a SORN, you will need to cancel the policy. You can do so by calling the Car Insurance team on 0345 246 2895 (Mon - Fri: 8am-8pm, Sat&Sun: 9am-2pm). Alternatively, you can write to us requesting cancellation at: Freepost RSJB-RZZY-HTJB Tesco Bank Customer Service, P O Box 276, Newcastle Upon Tyne, NE12 2BT. Please also include your policy number, DOB, address and a signature if you are writing. I hope this helps.

If you need to ask a question about a Tesco Bank product, you can make a post in Help & Support here

Also, feel free to Introduce Yourself
    !