My financial situation

I have sent TESCO's a signed for letter explaining my difficult financial situation presently, as I lost my job 6 months ago and couldn't find another one yet. This is the first time I missed a full payment and have made a small payment and set up a direct debit for a small amount that I can afford until I find another job. My signed for letter explained this. TESCO HAS MADE 52 CALLS TO MY MOBILE IN 7 DAYS! THIS IS A HARRASEMENT! I AM SEEKING LEGAL ADVISE NOW. I HAVEN'T ACTUALLY GONE INTO DEBT ON MY CARD YET! THERE IS A LAW IN THIS COUNTRY - WHICH I DON'T THINK YOU ACTUALLY CARE ABOUT! STOP YOUR HARRASEMENT PLEASE! 52 CALLS IN 7 DAYS!!!! EVERY SINGLE DAY! YOU SAID PEOPLE CAN CONTACT YOU BY POST - BUT APPARENTLY THE LETTERS MEAN NOTHING AS YOU TRYING TO MAKE ME GO FURTHER IN DEBT WITH MY PHONE PROVIDER BY MAKING ME CALL YOU WHEN I HAVE NO MONEY FOR THOSE EXPENSIVE CALLS - HENCE THE LETTER!!!! UNBELIEVABLE! THE FIRST I'LL DO WHEN I START WORK AGAIN IS PAY YOU LOT OFF THEN CLOSE MY ACCOUNT AND NEVER SHOP IN TESCO AGAIN! BULLIES AND MAFIA!
  • 7 Replies

Former Your Community Expert
    Hi , I'm sorry to hear about this. We have a duty to make our customers aware if they fall behind on payments, the calls are automated therefore they will continue until we're able to speak with you. If you have written to us, it seems like this either hasn't arrived yet or has been delayed otherwise the calls would have stopped. Apologies for any inconvenience - Ainsley
    the letter was sent to you Tuesday 23/1/2019, recorded delivery so I know you got it. how long before they actually accept my proposal and stop this phone calls, it's recoded calls so there isn't actually anyone there to speak to and as I said I don't want to go further in debt by using your expensive phoneline. thank you for replying!
    Former Your Community Expert
    If we have received your letter, our team will look into this for you and be in touch with you directly in the next 3-5 working days. I hope you get this sorted out as soon as possible - Ainsley
    Hi, I have requested and been granted a breathing space from my credit card repayments. you have given me until 29/1/2019 to send you my financial statement or offer of repayments (I have made this offer in writting when I sent my original letter to you). please advise in plain english what should I do next. should I just set direct debit for repayments? I can't phone you as I have no credits on my phone. I can write you a letter again. thank you
    sorry that date should be 29/2/2019.. sorry!
    Your Community Expert
    Hi , I'm sorry to hear this. Unfortunately this isn't something we would be able to discuss via this channel. If you are unable to give us a call you can write to us at Tesco Bank, PO Box 27032, Glasgow, G2 9FX and my colleagues will be able to look into this for you - Thomas