Unable to make a money transfer

Hi all. I'm asking on behalf of my partner. She has recently taken out a Tesco credit card & would like to make a money transfer to her bank account. She has registered a current account for the transfer but when attempting the transaction she receives an error saying that the transfer money request was unsuccessful & that it could not be processed online. Also to make sure the recipients details are correct & to try again.All the details are correct & the transfer requested is well below the given limit so we're at a loss.Obviously the account hasn't been open for very long so we thought maybe the money transfer option may not be available straight away or maybe another transaction needs to be processed before it is made available but I can't see any details of this nature online or in the paperwork received.She's tried ringing but the advice she received was to delete the registered current account then register again. This has been done a number of times but still no transfer.Anyone any ideas? Thanks.
  • 7 Replies

Employee
    Hi Truebluerover

Thanks for getting in touch.

All new Credit Cards require to be activated before any transactions can take place.

If this hasn't already been done, you can call our Credit Card team on 0345 300 4278 24hrs a day to activate your card.

Hope this helps

Kate - Customer Care

HiI made a money transfer from my Tesco credit card account to my bank account yesterday, 26th October, in the morning. The transfer was 'successful' and the message read that if I made the transfer before 5pm, the funds would be in my bank account the same day. They were not, and they are still not in there today, 27th October. I've checked and the money has definately left my Tesco credit card account so where is it?
    Employee
    Hi 

When transferring money from you Tesco Credit Card account, this is transferred via faster payment, which can take up to 24hours for you to receive the funds. If the money has not already arrived in your account by 5pm today, best to speak to our Credit Card Team on 0345 300 4278 who will be able to look into this further.
    Hi. I have just seen from my account that I have been charged for a money transfer and wonder if I can have a refund? I made a payment in error from my bank account to my Tesco account of £1800 on 26/10/15; as soon as I had sent the payment, I realised my mistake so called my bank and they said that if I just transferred it back from Tesco credit card to my bank account, I would not incur any charges. From my statement, its clear that this money went in and out on the same day, yet I have been charged a massive £53.82! Help!
    Employee
    Hi @palmerg55.

In order to discuss this we would require you to call our credit cards department on 0345 300 4278. Your credit card will have put this through as a new money transfer, opposed to a returned payment, which is the cause of the charges.
    I made a money transfer to my bank account on the 27/07/16 st around midday. I got a message saying that if I made the request on a business day before 5pm the money would be in my bank the same day. This has not happened. I have tried calling the help line but I can't get through to a person and none of the menus offered are any help. Although I have learnt that the charge has been made to my account
    I have been trying to transfer money between Tesco savings accounts and to my external current account this morning. Standard attempts with notes that suggest the banking account system is 'down'. The simple note stating 'Please try again' or 'You cannot make a transfer between these accounts at this time' is not at all useful to me. When shall I be able to transfer money??